We are officially CRAICNI C.I.C.
It’s almost a year since the idea was ‘craiced’ to set up CRAIC NI, over 6 months of hitting the ground and we are still learning.
We are pleased to announce that CRAIC NI is officially a Community Interest Company from 26 May 2015!
We can’t wait to go to our next stages to Cultivate Respect, Appreciate Inclusion across Communities in N.Ireland and get ‘craicing!’
Programme Managers/ Co-Founders
What is a Social Enterprise?
- It is a business that trade to tackle social problems, improve the community, people’s life or the environment.
- Money is made from selling goods and services to the open market but reinvesting the profits back into the business or the community.
- Unlike a charity, trading activities are unrestricted. They do not rely on grants and protect their assets for the benefit of the community.
CRAIC NI CIC Services
- Provide advice and support in relation to race, ethnicity and equality issues
- Foster cultural learning about ethnic communities
- Lead workshops on topics such as hate crime and responding to racism
- Manage cross community events
- Support integration and community relations