At CRAICNI we offer courses on diversity and cultural awareness. Diversity refers to difference and our training promotes the acknowledgement, appreciation and valuing of differences. Cultural awareness refers to the knowledge of cultures. Our training provides the education and tools to expand the knowledge of other cultures.
Northern Ireland is home to people of many cultures and communities, each of which brings its own richness to the society, as well as its own issues. An understanding of diversity and a developed cultural awareness promotes integration and inclusion, fights discrimination and builds stronger, more peaceful communities. The cultural specific courses examine the culture and traditions of particular cultures, and explore their relation to and impact on Northern Ireland.
- Introduction to culture and identity
- Basic language course – greetings and introductions
- Examine similarities and differences between communities
- Community in Northern Ireland – history and traditions
- Awareness of hate crime and discrimination issues relevant to Northern Ireland
- Tackling discrimination and managing diversity
This course can be tailor-made to suit your needs. Courses can cover diversity and cultural awareness on a universal level, or explore one culture in particular.
Culturally specific courses available – Chinese, Polish, Traveller, Indian, Thai, Filipino, Roma, Middle Eastern, African, Muslim, Jewish
Eileen Chan-Hu, Executive Director