As an increasingly diverse range of ethnic communities lives together in Northern Ireland, there is a need for capacity building within these communities. This course promotes inclusion and integration, encouraging migrants to become active citizens. Participants are empowered, allowing them to help themselves whilst living in a new country. The course explores the building of relationships and the development of confidence, enabling individuals to play an active role in the host community.
- Understand the meaning of capacity building within community development.
- Understand the importance of community development to society for the individual.
- Understand the key purpose and role for an individual with community development.
- Understand how communities work and how diverse communities can come together as one
- Provide participants with the tools to move towards integration themselves
- Learn how to build relationships and become more confident as an individual in Northern Ireland.
This course can be tailor-made to suit your needs. We can bring in speakers or include visits to enhance the learning experience as appropriate.
Eileen Chan-Hu, Executive Director